Thursday 10 June 2010

London Calling


We took a quick trip to the city last month, mainly to visit the V&A's wonderful exhibition - Quilts 1700-2010. It is a stunning and fascinating exhibition, with so much to see (and think about afterwards) and lots of inspiration for designers like me. I treated myself to the beautiful book you can see in the photo, Quilts 1700-2010 Hidden Histories, Untold Stories edited by the exhibition curator Sue Pritchard, as well as a few little sewing souvenirs to embellish my own quilts.
I always return from a trip with lots of other souvenirs, like tickets and postcards, leaflets and receipts and sometimes I make a little scrapbook to keep them in along with photos of the trip. This time I made a quick mini scrapbook with two postcards of London as the covers - just punch two holes at the left hand edge, add paper pages in between and cut to size, then tie up with ribbon.

No comments: