Sunday 19 September 2010

Stitching Pink & Weekend Treats

A few days ago I decided it was time to stitch a sampler for Daisy, so first I had to choose some nice shades of pink stranded cotton and find a piece of crisp white linen to sew on.
I've stitched this baby sampler chart before, for Sarah and Rosie, my daughters, and for my little grandson Charlie - all slightly different, with different colourways, but from the main chart that was featured in my very first book the New Cross Stitch Sampler Book. I love to hear from people who say they've stitched this chart themselves, with their own embellishments and how they have personalised it.

One of my treats this weekend were these bright pink asters, so I had these lovely flowers nearby to enjoy as I sewed - it was a very pink and stitchy time at my house.


Another treat came through the post this weekend - these beautiful cards and postcards from Pipany. Her new range is available here - and I was spoilt for choice. Now I'm going to write cards to some friends who I don't see often enough and I know they'll just love these pictures.



A few stitches here and a few stitches there and gradually the sampler begins to grow....I worked out the names and date to fit into the spaces provided (if you design a sampler chart for others to use you have to make sure you leave enough room for those who choose a looooong name!)




Cross stitch is a very peaceful and absorbing way to spend your time, I've always found...
I hope that you had a happy and peaceful weekend too. x





6 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Love your pink post! Those asters in that flowered jug look absolutely beautiful.

Jane

sandra said...

"Pink and stitchy"! Does it get any better! I love your box of threads. It looks so inviting.

Pipany said...

Hello Helen and thank you so much for mentioning me. I am thrilled you are pleased with the cards and postcards, and that they arrived safely. Your sampler is beautiful and reminds me how much I want to make one one day. Gorgeous asters too x

debbie @ happy little cottage said...

All this pink makes me so happy! The sampler is adorable and makes me want to try cross stitch.

Thanks for the comment on my soup. I am completely jealous that you have your soup simmering on an AGA!! Not too many Agas here in America.

Pattygloria by Gloria V said...

Very delicate and Pretty pink sampler.

Sarah Brooks said...

Love love LOVE it!! She is such a lucky baby girl!! xx